7 fly fishing quotes on aluminum fly boxes
A collection of 7 fly fishing quotes on aluminum fly boxes. Making and etching fly boxes allows me to read fantastic fly fishing quotes. Some are so unique and memorable I just have to snap a picture before I pack them up. Below is a collection that have stuck out.
You too can make one of these lasting memories. Ordering is easy just go to aluminum fly box select a color, and background. Then let your imagination run wild with the personalization. Aside from the 7 aluminum fly boxes pictured, I’ve also listed 20 fly fishing quotes that would be perfect on a fly box.
7 Fly Fishing Quotes on Aluminum Fly Boxes
20 Fly Fishing Quotes
- “If people don’t occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you’re doing something wrong.” ~ John Gierach
- “Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” ~ Herbert Hoover
- “I frankly don’t make much of a living, but I make a hell of a life” ~ Jack Gartside
- “Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish.” ~ Sparse Grey Hackle
- “Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God.” ~ Tony Blake
- “The only reason I ever played golf in the first place was so that I could afford to hunt and fish.” ~ Sam Snead
- “Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher’s salary” ~ Patrick McManus
- “The fish and I were both stunned and disbelieving to find ourselves connected by a line.” William Humphrey in “The Armchair Angler”
- “I’ve gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water.” ~ William Tapply “ A Fly-Fishing Life”
- “I look into… my fly box, and think about all the elements I should consider in choosing the perfect fly: water temperature, what stage of development the bugs are in, what the fish are eating right now. Then I remember what a guide told me: ‘Ninety percent of what a trout eats is brown and fuzzy and about five-eighths of an inch long.” ~ Allison Moir
- “Angling is extremely time consuming. That’s sort of the whole point.” ~ Thomas McGuane
- “In every species of fish I’ve angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish. If we didn’t, much of the thrill of angling would be gone.” ~ Ray Bergman
- “The best fisherman I know try not to make the same mistakes over and over again; instead they strive to make new and interesting mistakes and to remember what they learned from them.” ~ John Gierach “Fly Fishing the High Country”
- “A trout is a moment of beauty known only to those who seek it.” ~ Arnold Gingrich
- “It is impossible to grow weary of a sport that is never the same on any two days of the year.” ~ Theodore Gordon
- “There’s more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot.” ~ Lefty Kreh
- “If I’m not going to catch anything, then I ‘d rather not catch anything on flies” ~ Bob Lawless.
- “The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming; thus it is with time.” ~ Leonardo DaVinci
- “There will be days when the fishing is better than one’s most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.” ~ Roderick Haig-Brown
- “To him, all good things—trout as well as eternal salvation—come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.” ~ Norman Maclean – A River Runs Through It
I hope you enjoyed these aluminum fly box pictures. I continue to be amazed at the fly fishing quotes and fishing sayings that are sent to me.
Don’t forget to sign up for my email list to get fly fishing how to’s and many times discounts on products.
Faith, Family and Fish